Today’s lesson focuses on Global Actions. Check out the video or follow our step-by-step instructions below.
Global Actions Button
You can access Global Actions via the plus sign button in the top right hand corner of the Benelinx application. This button will give you quick links to actions you perform repeatedly and want to navigate to quickly.
Global Actions Dropdown Menu
Your Global Actions button comes with four standard Salesforce activities along with the six custom Benelinx actions you see below. The Global Actions button will remain fixed at the top of your screen regardless of where you are within the application.
You can find the Global Actions button in the same location across all of the applications you receive as part of your Benelinx license. You can customize your Global Actions button, adding and removing features that best fit your particular work style and needs.
Standard Salesforce Actions:
- New Event
- New Task
- Log a Call
Custom Benelinx Actions: These are quick actions used to organize client inquiries about service needs related to each record type. With these actions, you can easily organize these inquiries into the Actions Object on your Navigation Bar.
- New General Inquiry
- New Billing
- New Claims
- New Enrollment
- New Termination
- New COBRA
Here’s a quick tutorial on how to use the Quick Actions listed under the Global Actions button.
- Click the Global Actions button and select the activity you want to perform, like New Task. Maximize the view screen if necessary.
- Add the details of the activity and relate the activity to an account, a contact, or both, then click save. The Task will automatically be saved to your Tasks object, which can be added to the Navigation Bar.
Each of your objects within the Benelinx application includes an Activity Section displayed on the page layout. The Activities you create using Global Actions will be recorded in these Activity Sections as well as the Benelinx homepage.
Custom Benelinx Actions
The last 6 actions under the Global Actions button are the Benelinx Action Account Records. Each of the actions has the same avatar because they are all related to the Action Object in your Benelinx Application.
Each Activity is a different record type. This allows you to quickly record a client need or issue regardless of where you are in the application.
For example, you may be in the middle of creating a market proposal and a client calls about a billing issue. You can quickly and easily document the call and create a record for follow up using the New Billing button under Global Actions.
This Action creates a new, unique record under the Action Object. Now you can further manage the client service need with all the resources of a standard record.
And you’ll be able to access the Action record details.
Take some time to get familiar with the Activities and learn where they are located within the Benelinx application.
Customize Global Actions
- Lastly, you can customize your Global Actions using the Setup button. We’ll cover this in more detail in a later lesson. For now, we’ll show you where you’ll be able to edit it. Click on the Setup gear button in the upper right hand corner.
- Once you’re in the Setup page, type “Global Actions” into the Quick Find Bar on the upper left corner.
- Click on Global Actions under your Quick Find to view your Global Actions list and create new Global Actions.
You can also view the Publisher Layout on where the Actions will display.
You will also use Global Actions to determine which quick actions will be available in your email integration with either Outlook or Gmail. We’ll explain this in a later lesson on Email Integrations. Here is a snapshot of a Gmail integration that shows you the Global Actions displayed.
Read this article for additional assistance with Global Actions.